Your house is your castle. Your house’s roof and walls protect you from severe weather conditions and other external factors. However, even your house needs protection to serve you long. Your roof is one vulnerable part of your house, and it needs well-fitted gutters and downspouts.
Gutters and downspouts form the rain carrier system of the house. Gutters are troughs that catch the rain coming off the roof and channel it to downspouts. The latter directs the rain away from your siding, windows, doors, and foundation.
Thus, when do you need to check your gutters and downspouts?
- Build a proper rain carrier system. Gutters and downspouts collect leaves and all kinds of debris that can cause clogs, which, during heavy rains, become vulnerable to rainwater overflow. That can cause substantial damage to your building, landscaping, and basement. This is why your residential house must be equipped with the proper rain carrier system.
- Maintenance and regular checks. Another hassle is the debris accumulation. Debris decomposes, compresses into a solid damp sheet, and forms gutter clogs. Clogged gutters are a fire hazard, and they also accelerate wear. They accumulate water under the shingles and require complete replacement if not cleaned properly and often.
- Stay away from side effects. Dry-rot on fascia boards, soffit, and roof, paint damage, mold damage are also common outcomes that may be overlooked.
EchoHousePainting is a lead certified contractor with years of experience. We offer our services to keep you away from any of the above worries. We understand the value of your house or business, and we offer solutions to your wellbeing that is just one call away.
One of the most popular types of gutters today:
- Seamless gutters are large coils of aluminum that run through a custom gutter machine. Aluminum gutters last for 20 – 30 years or longer, depending on maintenance and have fewer chances of water leaks or debris staffing. They won’t rust, are easy to install, comes in all types of colors, and can also get exterior painting.
- Copper gutters are the most expensive, and they may last for 50 years. Copper looks classy and fashionable.
- Galvanized steel gutters can last up to 20 years.
- Vinyl gutters are the cheapest and the most lightweight, but they are prone to leaks because they are not seamless. You can also go for steel; the only problem is that they start rusting after 5 to 10 years.
- Zinc gutters are durable, don’t need paint, but are quite expensive.
Gutters and downspouts come with a variety of accessories. These can be used for various purposes: carrying water away from your foundation, anticipating the overflow of water from your roof valleys, and preventing erosion. You can install debris stoppers that would allow you to clean the gutters less frequently. After all, gutters are more necessary and important than we tend to give them credit for. They are essential to the home’s structural well-being and should be given as much importance as other fundamental structures of the house.
Only a professional residential contractor can tell you what kind of accessories you need. We are happy to share with you the knowledge we have in this field and help you solve your problems efficiently. Contact us now!