Living Green. Not just an advertising slogan or a temporary trend. It is a philosophy that helps people live healthy lives and take care of our planet. Eco-friendly is not just food or cosmetics, but also building materials, including paints for painting walls. Our Wellesley painters will tell you how to choose ecological paints.
Do you want to find out right here and right now everything about paints? Next, our team of experts will tell you which are the 3 types of paints you can use in your works and how they should be chosen depending on the material they are used on.
We will also tell you what are the choices you should make in terms of ecological paint and other basic and interesting knowledge about them.
A team of expert Wellesley painters
The most common types of paints you can use are watercolors, acrylics and oils. Each of these has its own methods of use, depending on the materials on which they are used.
- Very good quality acrylic paints should be used for walls and ceiling. They are preferred for homes because of their properties, like: quick drying, durability and resistance.
- Shiny emulsions. They look elegant and are the most commonly used paints for the interior walls.
- Matte for deep-colored walls. If you want a darker color for your wall, this should be a matte one, because dark colors absorb light.
- Semi-gloss paint. This type of painting is usually used for kitchens and bathrooms because they are resistant to fungal growth. These paints usually prevent staining and ensures the easy cleaning.
- High-sheen paint. They are durable and easy to clean. This is why they are used for wood, metals surfaces and even walls.
- Easy to clean. This is the best solutions if you are thinking about what type of paint is the best for the children’s room.
- Weather coat external paint. I believe that you already know what is this used for.
Our Wellesley painters recommend always reading the composition when choosing a paint!
What should be included in the composition of organic paint? First of all, water as a diluent is a natural ingredient that is safe for human health and the environment. Replaces harmful solvents, ammonia, and VOCs, meaning volatile organic compounds.
These dangerous substances for our health evaporate from the paint when it dries on the walls and gets into the air we breathe.
The emission of VOCs into the atmosphere causes the hole in the ozone layer to expand. This is the main reason for the environmentalists’ fight to eliminate them in paint products.
Since 1 January 2010, new EU directives have been introduced. According to which the content of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) harmful to the environment must be reduced in all paints and varnishes. Therefore, we must choose water-based emulsions: they have a long shelf life and a reduced fire risk.
When renovating your home, choose to be eco-friendly like our Wellesley painters from Echohousepaintings!
The most popular eco-friendly paints are acrylic paints. Its folder is acrylic resin. Such paints create vapor-permeable coatings on the walls. When the room is very humid, the walls absorb the water vapor and let it out. Thanks to this, the building maintains a good microclimate, and there are no molds or fungi inside.
Acrylic emulsion paints are not sensitized and do not emit an irritating odor, so they can also be used in an allergy-free room.
How to choose ecological paints? Check the brand!
If you want some more information about the ecological paints, here we are presenting to you just a little bit of our precious details we know. The rest you should find out by yourself checking the brand. The best choices for exterior paintings are the ones that have zinc oxide as the fungicide. The next best choices are:
- Zero to very low VOC paints
- Acrylic paints
- Latex paints
- Recycled water-based paints
Our recommendation is to avoid the oil-based paints because they have a really high VOC content
In addition to the description and composition of the product, paint packaging often has different types of symbols and markings. Thanks to them, the customer can recognize which paint is environmentally friendly.
The sign that you can find when buying paint for wall painting is Ecolabel. This certificate confirms that the product is safe for health, respectful with the environment, and meets the highest quality standards. Let our Wellesley painters help you choose the right paint, both for your home and the environment!
How often should you choose exterior painting services for your home?
The answer depends on several factors such as the quality of the material or the climate. But if you want to maintain a well-kept and well-maintained home, hire our Wellesley painters! Why? Because they follow the steps listed below:
They want a paint job to last a long time. So the prep work is just as important as high-quality paint. They clean and sand very well the surfaces in your home. And, they repair all types of cracks must be repaired. This will ensure that the paint will adhere to the entire surface for the long term.
No argument, a quality paint job, done with quality paint, will last longer. Choosing a lower-quality paint because it’s cheaper will only cost you more money when you need to repaint too soon.
Climate matters when it comes to painting durability. When you live in Wellesley, the exterior of your house is exposed mostly to cold, snowy, and rainy days, if it’s not summer. So you should protect it with high-quality paint!
Don’t forget that you can find us in several locations, so don’t feel limited to looking for us in just one place. Nor the fact that maybe we are too far for you. The exterior care of the house is an extremely important element. Its improper care can affect the walls and exterior paint over time, and this should not happen too soon. The locations are:
We are a team of professional and extraordinarily well-organized people. We want to make sure that we offer the best services and that we are always number one in what we do. So, you can also take advantage of other such services that we offer, such as:
- Exterior painting
- Interior painting
- Commercial painting
- Power washing
- Cabinet refinishing and refacing
- Gutters and downspouts
- Window glazing
- Deck restoration
When it comes to exterior painting, different materials require different maintenance schedules. But usually:
- Wood siding: Plan to repaint every three to seven years, or stain every four years.
- Aluminum siding: Plan to paint the aluminum siding every five years.
- Stucco – Stucco can last five to six years between paint jobs.
- Fiber cement board siding – This material can last 10-15 years between paint jobs.
- Painted brick – Painted brick only needs to be repainted every 15 to 20 years. Unpainted brick only needs to be cleaned, not painted.
If you want to paint your facade or a bit of advice for its maintenance, you can contact us now! Our expert painters will be more than happy to help you!